Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

A scammer being Garth Brooks.

I was chatting with who I thought was Garth Brooks, a country singer, on Facebook.  He seemed a nice and down to earth guy and was willing to talk to me about his family.  Today he sounded a bit weird.  He asked if I had a credit card.  He wanted to know if I could donate to a charitable fund.  I told him that I was broke and had no money.  He then replied that he was not asking for a donation, but that he wanted my financial information (my credit union name, account, route number, password and user name).  I was like BLEEP!  I told him no that I wasn't going to give him that information and that we were no longer friends.  I then blocked him since.  I knew that the real Garth Brooks would not ask to get a hold my financial information.  It was obvious some person pretending to be Garth Brooks and its sad of how many people fell in the trap and gave him the financial information to him. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kadin,

I am glad you didn't fall for this scam. I would never ask my fans for money.

Best,

Garth

Kdawg the Bomb! said...

I know that the real Garth would not ask for money or take over their financial account. Its sad that people stoop that low to pretend to be somebody and all to ask for money. I just feel real awful inside.